Finding SQL Command on Java Page
May 17, 2011 Leave a comment
Here are the steps to view the SQL Statements from Java User Interface (UI) Pages. For the purpose of this exercise, we will look at the query used to retrieve Bank Accounts attached to a Customer Site.
1. Update the following Profile Option Values to YES at user level
- FND: Diagnostics
- Personalize Self-Service Defn
2. Go to the Java UI Page where the SQL Query executes. In this example we go to Customers > Customer Sites.
3. Click on the link ‘About this Page’ in the bottom Left Hand Side of the page.
4. Navigate to the Page Tab on the Top Left Hand Side of the page.
5. In the Business Component References Details Section (You may need to expand this section), Go to the View Objects Sub Section.
6. Find the Object that describes the piece of information that you want to find the query for. In this case it’s Bank Accounts. The relevant Object has been highlighted (I searched the HTML for bank to find this).
7. Click on the link.
The full Query used can be cut and pasted into a SQL Editor and the query run.
Note: You will have to find the Bind Variables passed to the query in order to do this!! This may be found by looking up one of the previous queries.