Oracle Workflow: Why to use it?
August 9, 2011 2 Comments
Oracle Workflow is a series of tools designed to facilitate the creation and management of business process
models. It manages business processes according to defined rules (workflow process definitions), including the activities occurring as part of the process and the relationships of those activities.
- In e-business, it can be used as a part of the integration hub to make communicate different enterprises with each other over the internet for an end-to-end business.
- Lets you continuously model complex business scenarios with drag & drop interface.
- Model sophisticated business processes that include looping, branching, parallel processing, rendezvous, and more.
- It can help save time by reducing repetitive data entry tasks, automating the approval hierarchies, automatically delivering notifications and reminders of work to be done and also providing self-service monitoring capabilities.
- It defines and implements your business policies, streamlines the entire process, captures exceptions and takes action and is capable to adapt your processes as your business changes.
- E-business accelerates the demand for system integration and communication is required between systems both within and beyond the enterprise. Business event-based workflows allow
modeling of cross-system processes, enabling business process-based integration.
- Oracle Workflow helps you design applications for change using workflow processes, enabling continuous business process improvement.
- Tightly integrated with Oracle Database and provides published PL/SQL & Java APIs to drive workflows.